Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You learn to hold your breath



1 - Fruit and vegetables at the market
2 - Meat dudes
3 - Electric trams

Sorry there's not much going on lately. The weather has been real
rainy and overcast. Yesterday Jason had some fruitful meetings with
companies in the New Territories. Today he's there too but we're
planning on meeting up and heading over to TST (the tip of Kowloon)
for some shopping, etc. tonight.

I ventured out to meet my brother for dim sum at Dragon-I today.
Dragon-I has lots of dim sum choices that don't include pork or
shellfish/shrimp at lunch during the week but at night it turns into a
really hip and trendy bar. One review of it said not to try and get in
on a Wednesday or the weekend unless you're Uma Thurman.

After lunch I walked around Sheung Wan, the west part of the island, to get a couple more chops made and get some pics of the market of the day. I don't know what this market was called, but it's primarily a food market without much tourist stuff. The closest thing to tourist stuff is the paper lanterns, paper money, incense, and other Buddhist prayer items. I got some pics of some of the plants, fruits, seafood, and meat, etc.

On the way back, I took the tram again. It's only $2HKD for as far as you want to ride and it follows the original HK island shoreline. It's interesting to see how much land has been reclaimed so far. At some
places, it's several big blocks away from the current shoreline.

If you see anything you want, make a comment or email one of us while
we are where we are so we can get it for you. We leave HK on Thursday
(it's Tuesday PM now) for a week in Thailand, but we'll be back for 1
day before heading to Tokyo.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm . . . meat dudes.